Twitter


Thin Does Not Always Mean Healthy

So I just found out that I'm a few pounds shy of being medically underweight.

Using the body mass index (BMI) calculator here, I determined my score to be 18.7.

Here are the BMI ranges that you can use determine how healthy your weight is:
  1. Underweight = <18.5
  2. Normal weight = 18.5–24.9
  3. Overweight = 25–29.9
  4. Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater
As you can see, I'm on the low end of the "normal" range. While many supermodels might be happy with this score, I'm tired of being wiry.

The cool thing about this calculator is that you can figure out exactly what you would need to weigh in order to have the score you want. At 5'8", to sit right in the middle of the normal range (BMI of 21.7), I would need to weigh 143 pounds (my last weigh-in was 123.4 lbs).

This makes my weight gain milestone 20 lbs.

It begs the question, how might your appearance change with a 20 lb difference?

No comments:

Post a Comment